Need to know NOW!!...can a PC read DVD-RW?

Dlatu1983

Prime Minister
Last week, I had a project due, and did it in Keynote, and then exported into Powerpoint, but when I got to class, it wouldn't work on the PC (a CD-RW/DVD combo drive compaq)we used for presentations. Luckily, the teacher gave me an extra week. Last night, I just gave up and decided to burn the presentation onto a DVD using iMovie and iDVD, and a DVD-RW. It works fine on my mac, but my home DVD player won't read it (in all fairness, we bought it before most people knew what DVD was....a good 4-5 years ago), and it won't play on my brother's PC (but he doesn't have DVD playing software, only Windows Media Player, which refuses to open the DVD, saying that it doesn't have the proper software to decode)....will my DVD-RW play in a PC, or should I just go to CompUSA, and spend the cash for a standard DVD-R? What's the most compatible format? Thanks:)

He doesn't have it:( I just went the easy route out...I burned the DVD-RW, and then burned a DVD player application on a CD-R, and burned a second copy of the presentation in quicktime format on a CD-RW, and tested it on the PC...just to be sure. I figure one of them HAS to work.

Dlatu, as in the other thread, this sounds to me like you have a mac-only format you burn those CDs and DVDs.
Try to burn a different format. Such as mac/pc...
Or just tell how you burn your media. In toast I can tell you how to make sure it's mac/pc...

I was using the disk utility or whatever, but Arden had me download Firestarter FX, and things seem ok now. Thanks for all the help guys:)

Back