need to reinstall dock

trafnar

Registered
Hi, I downloaded some stupid shareware software a while ago that was supposed to change the dock poofs. Now, the dock is messed up, I can't take things out of it. If I try to remove items the dock goes away in a strange manner and all minimized windows expand. Is there a way to reinstall the dock? I cant seem to find any dock app that i can just replace, and if I could, i wouldnt have a good version to replace it with.

Also, I dont know if its related but I cant open any .dmg files, I guess i need to replace disk copy? when I try to open a .dmg, It just gives me an error and quits "unable to mount image" or someting

thank you so much

-nathan

Sounds like OS X has got a little messed up. Easy to do. I would definitely recommend a reinstall. Now, it ain't the easiest thing to do, not properly, but I think I have it down to a fine art now ! hehe.

If you have an troubles, let me know. But I would definitely recommend a reinstall. Should fix all ya troubles.

heh, yeah, i did that before i even read your response, see i held off on doing it before because with os9 there was options of what kind of install to do, but with osx there wasnt, but now i feel dumb, cause i pretty much new it would mess anything up

so i did that and it worked.

thanks a lot
-nathan

Back