Need to set up VPN at home office that works with OS X client

dba7dba

Registered
Hi all,
First I've never owned a Mac before. And I only worked with Mac briefly when I started out in the IT industry 8 yrs ago as a helpdesk at a design place. Even then, I thought Mac was dying out so I worked on Mac only when I was forced to... Sorry if I offended any of you back then!
Now, I'm about to buy my 1st mac after seeing my ex-win users convert to Mac.
My question for today is though about setting up a VPN Endpiont in my home. Real reason for this is to enable supporting relatives with Remote Control such as VNC over the internet. My relatives are complete newbiew but need to use computers of course. I've helped them with XP Remote Assistance but one family member has a DSL Router that doesn't seem to allow that. I've even used gotomeeting.com but paying $50/month is too much for me.

So my solution is to set up a VPN Endpoint in my home, configure relatives computers (XP but os x will be added soon) to connect to my VPN Engpoint, have them connect to my VPN Endpoint, than I would remote control their computer to troubleshoot/maintain etc. Which Cable/DSL Wireless Router with VPN Endpoint offers VPN Client for OS X? I've checked out a few Cable/DSL Wireless Router with VPN Endpoint that support PC but OS X is not mentioned.

Thank you!

Back