Need your advice: should I trade my iPod video for a iPod classic?

jasfa131

The Lone Deranger
I bought an iPod Video (5.5Gen) [30GB] a few weeks ago. Now that the iPod classic has come out with improved specs and a lower price, do you suggest I take my iPod Video back to the store and buy a iPod Classic [80GB] with the refund money?

The iPod Video is still in the "30 day return policy" so I should be able to do this since I have the original receipt and all. My refund would be $340CAD and the iPod Classic would cost $318CAD. I would be making money to switch to the iPod Classic. What do you think? I'd like to know your opinions, Thanks!

Cheap and new is always better, but I doubt they will refund you because then everybody would have to get a refund, and then Apple would lose money.

Cheap and new is always better, but I doubt they will refund you because then everybody would have to get a refund, and then Apple would lose money.
The only reason why I can get a refund is because I've bought the iPod video less than 30 days ago (which still covers their return policy).

Mmm well I still have about half a year of Apple Care left on my iPod... I wonder if there is any creative way I could use it...

Mmm well I still have about half a year of Apple Care left on my iPod... I wonder if there is any creative way I could use it...
The Apple Care states that if the product is not repairable, you can either receive:
-a new one (old gen iPods don't exist now)
-money refund

The Apple Care states that if the product is not repairable, you can either receive:
-a new one (old gen iPods don't exist now)
-money refund

Right, but the Terms and Conditions is written in a way that the defect is always my fault. An "Act of God" is nonrefundable, so if a diode just happened to disconnect itself for whatever reason, they don't have to do a thing.

i had 2 hard drive failures on my 4G B+W ipod, they replaced it like for like, even after the release of the 5G and the 5.5G ipod videos...

More like Dark blue and light blue screen :p

I personally love the 4G iPods, they don't lag imho.

If you can return it... in all honesty return it and get the Classic!

Back