Net connection sharing with ap extreme and xp

Status
Not open for further replies.

nEBUz

Registered
I recently gained a nice shiny airport extreme base station to cope with the demands of 6 mac laptops... I also have a windows xp machine that needs to connect to the network, mainly to share the dialup connection connected to the base station (dsl is comming :D) It all works fantastically, all the laptops log on perfectly and the pc sees the network and the other machines just fine. However, when it comes to sharing the airport's internet connection xp seemingly has no idea. I have connected this pc many times to various networks that share an internet connection flawlessly, and as said, the internet connection is fine with the macs... ideas?

Edit: well the wonders of windows xp never cease do they... reboot... try again... "please dial up"... try again, please connect... (different message)... close pop up... try again, wow it works on about the 5th time... incredibly random and i don't doubt that the entire thing is teetering on a knife edge ready to blue screen of death any second... another reason to get a mac :D

if an admin could delete or otherwise dispose or make innoperable this thread that would be great...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back