Netboot drive image showing up in the proper tabs

MeepZero

Registered
Im currently trying to get a drive image to netboot to one of the computers here. Is the drive supposed to show up in the general or images tabs on the netboot service? I made the image by using target mode on the client computer as a firewire drive to the server, then I made the image with the system image utility. I cant seem to get it to show up in either of those tabbs though.

Questions:

1. What version of OS X Server are you using?
2. Where are you putting the disk image on the server? It needs to be inside /Library/NetBoot/NetBootSP0 in order for it to be seen by the NetBoot service.
3. Is this just a disk image (.dmg file by itself), or a proper NetBoot set (.nbi file plus others)?
4. Have you tried Mike Bombich's NetRestore set of tools? They rock, much better than the included System Image Util.

Honestly, I've never used the System Image Util itself, so I shouldn't have made the comparison directly. I just like the added flexibility and GUI goodness of the NetRestore tools, some of which I don't believe is available in the Apple-included tools. My deployment is only in the 100+ Mac range (small PK-8 school), so it's not necessary to have as much scalability as you obviously require.

Back