network, address book and calculator

Bobslayur

Registered
I installed 10.2 Jaguar and everything seems to be working fine but...I cannot open the address book, cannot access the network functions and I can't open the calculator. I looked at the log and it says every function (address book, network, calculator) have crashed. I don't understand this. I don't really want to do it, but does this mean I have to reformat the disk and reinstall the software or am I missing something somewhere? Everything else seems to work fine, all other applications anyway as far as I can tell. Any ideas?

Is that correct that it was an upgrade rather than the installation from scratch? If so would you like to try it? :)

Originally posted by Bobslayur
I installed 10.2 Jaguar and everything seems to be working fine but...I cannot open the address book, cannot access the network functions and I can't open the calculator. I looked

Well, I had 10.1 with updates installed and bought Jaguar and had been waiting for a day off to install it. I basically installed it as an update I guess, i.e., no fresh install. I had some problems with it installing initially, but after updating my firmware AGAIN, it installed ok and seemed to be working fine. But when I went walking around through Jaguar to check out the new features and get an overall feel for what was different, I discovered the problems with the network, address book and the calculator. I went to the console log and saw the following:

"dyld: /Applications/Address Book.app/Contents/MacOS/Address Book can't open library: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/IntlPreferences.framework/Versions/A/IntlPreferences (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
Sep 25 11:09:08-Computer crashdump: Crash report written to: /Users/XXXXXXXX (meaning me)/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Address Book.crash.log"
-Computer crashdump: Crash report written to: /Users/(me again)/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Calculator.crash.log

and then when I get to network, it says

"Preference Error/could not load network" 2002-09-25 15:08:08.618 System Preferences[442] [NSPrefPaneBundle instantiatePrefPaneObject] (/System/Library/PreferencePanes/Network.prefPane): principalClass is nil.

next, I discovered, Sherlock doesn't work either: dyld: /Applications/Sherlock.app/Contents/MacOS/Sherlock can't open library: /System/Library/PrivateFrameworks/IntlPreferences.framework/Versions/A/IntlPreferences (No such file or directory, errno = 2)
Sep 25 15:25:06 XXXXXXXXXX-Computer crashdump: Crash report written to: /Users/XXXXXXXX/Library/Logs/CrashReporter/Sherlock.crash.log

I think it might be related to preferences, but I don't want to start trashing something until I know more about what I am doing in X. If it looks like a preference problem, can someone let me know what I should do. Another question is, should I just reformat the drive and install Jaguar clean.

let me know what I should do. Another question is, should I just reformat the drive and install Jaguar clean. [/B][/QUOTE]

well.. I would go this way.

i had a lot of little bugs when i upgraded to 10.2 from 10.1.5. it ran kinda slow, too. but a fresh install did wonders. i highly recommend it (although it is a pain =P).

Back