Network Bridging & port forwarding

Psionic

Registered
Hey! I'm having issues trying to share my tivo out to my room-mates computer for tivo-to-go.

I've got my internet connection comin in thru airport, and then i've bridged that to my ethernet port to which my tivo is connected for it's net connection.
w-lan is 192.168.92.xx
tivo is 192.168.2.2
My computer is 192.168.92.143 & 192.168.2.1
I need to basically provide access to 192.168.2.2: port 80 to the other network 192.168.92.xx (possibly a few other ports for the beacon, and yes, tivo uses port 80... how original)

Is there a way that i could do this?

Thanks!
-Erik

Really? nothing? Nada? If that's the case.. could someone please just state that it's not possible?

thanks!

Check the firewall settings. You may need to configure the port forwarding settings the hard way via the terminal...not too sure of what it is on the Mac OS X version of *nix, but they are usually all the same.

unfortunatly the commands aren't the same as *nix. at least as far as i have found... any suggestions?

That's something that would be used for using my computer as a router... Technically that is what i'm doing to some extent, but not exactly.. i'm Bridging..

My firewall is off.. when i turn it on my tivo loses it's connection to the outside world. Is there a cmd line firewall configuration tool?

My co-workers say it's not possible.. Help me prove them wrong!

-e

Back