Network Printer - XP OSX no osx driver, Bonjour?

gtjuggler

Registered
Hey all.

I have a HP Deskjet 3915 (came with an HP Pavilion desktop PC) and a bunch of macbook pros and macbooks (tiger) on a wireless network here at the office. Its just a linksys router, everyone has a wireless card in their computer. We would like to be able to print to the 3915.

There is no mac driver for the printer, it seems. Is there a way to get it to work? Maybe something to do with bonjour, or ip printing? We have it now so that we have to send the document we want printed into a shared folder on that computer then print it from there, which sucks.

Ideas?

For driver, try HP Deskjet 900 Series Gimp-Print, already installed with Tiger.

For Windows shared printing - click More Printers after clicking ADD in Printer Setup.

hey, i think this suggestion might work, but i think theres another problem at hand. The reason i think that is because i have a pc here on the same network and its not printing to it... and if windows to windows isnt workin something is messed up.

I turned off the firewall on the host machine

I enabled sharing on the printer (obviously)

Anything i should check / do other than that??

Couple of things - is there just one router? Are all computer IP addresses in the same subnet - only last of four parts different, like 192.168.1.x?

Where in the setup process do you have trouble? Can you connect for file sharing between all computers?

Everythings on the same router. Same subnet. I can do //hppavilion/ and a window pops up, showing the printer there.

weird..

Back