Network Problems

OK, connected the Mac directly to the Modem, it detected the internet connection cuz it displayed the IP address and my ISP, but when I tried to open a page it just stayed at loading and nothing appeared, no error messages, but no content.

On the Mac, in the Network PreferencePane under PPPoE, do you have that checked to use? If not, check it and restart and try.

Can you connect your mac to your pc and see, if you get the lan work? You won't even need a crosslinked cable.

k, did that, and I still got the on and off connection. sometimes it let me connect and browse, other times it wouldn't connect. I did a ping test (mac to pc) and got diff results, 30% loss, 10%loss, 20%loss, then did a ping test while trying to connect and got 80% loss. Hope that helps.

Sounds like you may have a hardware problem in the Mac. Do you have an Ethernet PCI card you can try on the Mac?

could there really be a problem with the hardware? I mean it's only about 4 or 5 mos. old.....hmm, I don't have any other cards, but I'm guessing the computer is still under waranty, so maybe I'll just take it back where I got it.

Back