Networked Office Software vs Local install

facets

Registered
Hi All,

We have 1 Office license i'd like to share amoungst 5 10.4's and 10 users (shifts). All run network mounted home dirs from the server and are controlled by an xserve via workgroup. Is there a way to allow all users to share this app?

Perhaps if I copy all the Library/Preferences info to each home dir?

OR.. would it be smarter to install office onto all machines and allow the software to detect weather it's running or not?

We will not purchase 4 more licesnes ;)

tia.. Will.

If you are running Office 2004, you know very well that it requires activation. Students and Teachers allows three installations. Trying to copy a license from one account to another is called piracy and is not an allowable topic for discussion on this forum.

Office will search your network to see if their are multiple installations with the same key running. I'm not sure what would happen if you all ran from the server, but it probably wouldn't be pretty. And, it probably wouldn't be legal. If you are going to install duplicates of the license, they should be in different shifts. If Office sees that a license identical to it's is running, it will not start. I don't know if thats legal either, though. You'd be better off just biting the bullet and getting licenses for all computers.

Back