Netzero & 10.3

kramm

Registered
does anyone know if the current version of netzero works on 10.3? a friend of mine is trying to sign up and gets an "unexpectedly quit" message (after installing from a cd). the netzero website says "mac os X or higher" which doesnt exactly help.

thanks. :)

thanks, but i did call. its an automated help line (without any system requirements info). there is a tech support line, but it requires a member id AND is $2 a minute.

Out of curiosity, is that dailup service? Or do they offer broadband. i saw there latest commercial, and i wonder are they doing what AOL does, killing image quality for faster page loading?

Have your friend verify and repair permissions. Then make sure all other programs are not running before you try to start NetZero.

If you are on Mac OS X 10.3 "Panther" or 10.4 "Tiger" then go to Applications>Utilities>Disk Utility.

Select your Hard Drive, then select "Verify Permissions", when that is complete, select "Repair permissions."

I had what I think was a similar problem with OSX 10.4. I could use Netzero fine with the user account under which Netzero was installed, but the other accounts would get the unexpectedly quit message. I contacted Netzero and they said I could only use Netzero with the first account. The work-around was to install seperate Netzero applications with each user (fortunately only 3). I created an "Applications" directory in each users home directory, and installed each copy of Netzero there. No an ideal solution, but it worked.

Don't "verify", just "repair", since that verifies them first, too. If you do a verify first, you'll do that twice, which is a waste of time.

Back