New 19" imac's coming

Hmmm, is that arm gonna hold the 19" screen!

I really would luv the 17", but a 19", jeeeezz, now I could really boast with the size:rolleyes:

I think the 17" iMac is ugly compared to my 15" one (i saw one today first time in real and i am disappointed) - how ugly would be a 19"?

I think the 17" is prefect and that's why I waited until it released.

The 15" was great but its screen's size looks too "equal" to the base... but the 17" seems much balance.

:) I am a iMac 17" user.

This seems like a plausible scenario. Timing might be right too. Some relevant information:

- rumors of 15" iMac ramp down
- stories of flat panel prices dropping (again)
- product positioning currently a little akward (i.e., eMac, 15" iMac, 17" iMac)

Thus, we could see:

eMac (17", G4) - $1100

17" iMac - $1300 - $1800
19" iMac (the BIG DOG) - $2000

Seems very reasonable. Helps to differentiate iMac and eMac a bit more.

Also, I could see the following revisions:

- slot-loading CD (depends on slot-loading DVD, which is lagging as I understand)
- Bluetooth, wireless keyboard and mouse

Something that appears ot happening is that the "computer" is disappearing and the things you interact with are all that remains (the display, keyboard, mouse). Apple appears determined to get everything else out of the way (e.g., cables, etc.)

iMac could be evolving into this "floating in mid-air" display. Kind of neat.

Interesting.

I definately think there is some truth to the 192 story because things that appear on the inquirer always tend to be true. Mike Magee knows what hes on about.

Originally posted by ddma
I think the 17" is prefect and that's why I waited until it released.

The 15" was great but its screen's size looks too "equal" to the base... but the 17" seems much balance.

:) I am a iMac 17" user.

I can't wait fo the 23" iMac now. *laughs* Then, the 23" TiBook and uh....heck, a 23" pda from them! :D

Originally posted by OmegaMan

I can't wait fo the 23" iMac now. *laughs* Then, the 23" TiBook and uh....heck, a 23" pda from them! :D

STOP IT! You are making me laugh too much!

actually, apple is making a 23" iMac. I think it is going to be called the iCineMac or something like that....

to get around the weight problem with such a large LCD, they have added tiny SCRAM jets to the monitor (eight of them) that add lift to the monitor (reducing the weight that the arm has to hold) while at the same time providing a gentle, soothing breeze to the user...

here's a pix: :D
iCineMac.jpg

Originally posted by Javintosh
actually, apple is making a 23" iMac. I think it is going to be called the iCineMac or something like that....

to get around the weight problem with such a large LCD, they have added tiny SCRAM jets to the monitor (eight of them) that add lift to the monitor (reducing the weight that the arm has to hold) while at the same time providing a gentle, soothing breeze to the user...

here's a pix: :D
iCineMac.jpg

THIS IS A MESSAGE FROM ADOBE SYSTEM

The user by the nick of Javintosh has been arrested by the FBI (Federal Bastardising Investigation) for violation of trade secrets filed by a fruit company. He has been charged with the use of Photoshop to edit (bastardise) and put together three Apple Computer products that sent panick to companies who filed "panick suits" against him, namely Dull Computers, Gate's Way Computer, and Micro&Soft. :D

Back