New 24" iMac Photo

Qion

Uber Nothing
Found this on Gizmodo. If nothing else, it's intriguing.

futureimac1nz3.jpg

And obviously, there's not much room for an optical drive or a standard hard drive. I like the idea, however.

nice, reminds kind of an exit sign i've seen before.
BTW the menubar is on the wrong side.....

The screen may be correct - the image shows the front - the propeller (user cooling fan) is spinning so fast it can't be seen. The screen is tilted down to reduce glare and blow all of the papers off the desk.

Kinda reminds me of a Sony VAIO VGC-LS25E... (glass frame and glass keyboard option)

376579818379025thumbnaiiq3.jpg

And yeah, the menubar is on the wrong side if you were viewing it from the front... unless this special glass display flips the image horizontally when viewed from the back!

I think it would look better with a better stand, that one is kind of hidious, also the screen is opaque, so it would drive nuts seeing the screen and whats behind it.
but how would it know which side your on.....

Hmm. After reading what the artist said, the title of this thread should be "New 30" iMac Photo".

Talented guy, anyway. I just wonder if we have the technology to make a screen function that way...

The other day I saw one of those HP all in one, touch screen systems that have been recently advertised in many magazines, dont' know the model, don't really care. Anyhow, it was pretty neat, just walking up and being up to touch the screen to pull up a website or email and maybe even play a light hearted game.

I could see Apple doing something like that. Having the iPhone I was "at home" on the touch screen - so it was pretty neat. But, as a work computer or my primary workstation I would not use the tocuh screen that much, I don't think... but one in the kitchen or family room for the kids/wife might be good.

The other day I saw one of those HP all in one, touch screen systems that have been recently advertised in many magazines, dont' know the model, don't really care. Anyhow, it was pretty neat, just walking up and being up to touch the screen to pull up a website or email and maybe even play a light hearted game.

I could see Apple doing something like that. Having the iPhone I was "at home" on the touch screen - so it was pretty neat. But, as a work computer or my primary workstation I would not use the tocuh screen that much, I don't think... but one in the kitchen or family room for the kids/wife might be good.

You probably already seen this, as I'm sure it's been posted on this Forum before. But it was the beginning of touch screen which they used OS X with.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89sz8ExZndc

I wouldn't even go near this neither

http://www.microsoft.com/surface/

Takes the transparent look of Leopard to its logical conclusion.

Now when you see yourself reflected in the iMac glass screen it'll be that much more fun to work out what is you, the screen or the wall at the far side of the room!

Back