New Airport Extreme questions

mattrstewart

Registered
i am considering buying a new airport extreme, and was wondering a few things:

1. Has there been any problems running a mixed mode (N and G)? On my WRT350N I can not run mixed mode without causing MBP to crash. In G only...my powerbook can't connect. I want to make sure these problems dont exist with the new airport.

2. If i get a Lacie 1TB ethernet drive and connect via GigE, will the hard drive and airport speed be fast enough to stream video content via 802.11n? I know they say the n speed is fast enough, but i wonder if it is running from an ethernet disk, will it be slowed down and not be able to keep a fluid video output.

1. I don't use this setup, and while I have heard of mixed-mode problems with other routers, I have not heard of any with the Airport Extreme.

2. Yes, you should be able to stream high-quality video content with N.

Hi I have used the Airport Extreme in the most compatable mode and it seems fine.

I have also streamed video content from it ( DivX ) and played it on my TV through my MacBook Pro laptop. Obviously it would not be quick enough through my little G4 laptop.

I have the Aiport Base Station and I leave it on just G, because it does get screwed up, so you either want just wireless N or G&B.

Back