New AOL for OS X

I've had the beta versions for a few months now. Mac users finally get away messages in AOL!

I have had the beta version since it was released, too.

I have tested every beta build of AOL for OS X.
that been released....since the first one was released last year.

I don't know if that is something to be proud of or not. :confused:

We also finally have smileys. :)

No Radio@aol yet, but I'm not sure I would want it.

The biggest blessing to me, though, was the removal of Internet Explorer.

Up to this point, if you were an AOL user, you didn't have a choice about keeping I.E. It was the central browser. They replaced it with Mozilla ;)

I used to have AOL, but to me, this is too little too late. now I'm with cable internet and Chimera, it is SOOO much better.

I have a cable modem, too....minus Chimera ;)

Once you get a cable modem, you never want to go back.

I am thinking of closing my AOL account to pay for .mac.

I know, I know...

But, I looked at it this way....I would rather give the money to Apple than America Online.

I have the bring your own access plan on AOL, and it is $14.95 a month. Factor in what I pay for a cable modem, and you get the idea...of how much I spend each month. Hint: $65.00 a month for both. :eek:

With Jaguar, I can just use iChat- (the souped-up version of AIM, as I call it). I could use AIM now for that matter.

You are right, though, AOL has treated Mac users like nobodies for years.

Still, version 2 for OS X is closer to the Windows version than ever before.

I would know since I used to be on the dark side. :(

yeah, there really is no incentive for paying for AOL, they offer notthat you can't get for free or with a cheaper ISP. and the new interface looks more Lunafied than Aquafied IMHO.

I filed several complaints about the size of the windows...the size of the welcome screen...the size of the icons on the toolbar.

They fixed the toolbar...but not the rest.

Well, from what I have heard before....AOL 8.0 for Windows, which is due out this fall, will be made like the Mac version.

So...that could explain the Lunar Madness. :p

This new AOL interface is the worst. I would still use IE to browse the web. I read comments on the web saying the interface is awesome, umm, maybe they meant awful. I rather look at the previous X versions than this one. At this rate Aqua will be a trend that just went too damn far, I'm sick of it now. AOL has money, I wish they got better icon and interface designers.

Back