New Apple ad campaign idea

Ricky

Registered
"The computer virus epidemic has spread through homes and businesses. It has relentlessly turned our workstations into spamming machines. Our home PCs are being used to bring large corporation servers to their knees. There has been no global effort from the powers that be to contain these worms, trojans, viruses, and the like."
(Shows Mac users, who are wandering around in plastic bubbles, while PC users, covered in gross sores and boils, run around frantically, collapsing)
(Apple Logo)

Short and sweet, not meant to be offensive. :) Just an idea that had popped into my head after reading about the latest surge of virus activity, which began just a few short hours ago.

Pretty offensive. And to have images of that with an Apple logo would connect apple to that image for many people. It's been mentioned before that Apple should mention more often that viruses are mostly unheard of in this platform. But it could be done in a much better way than that.
Besides, I'm quite happy that Apple ads tend to accentuate the positive rather than do what so many other ad campaigns do and prey on people's fears.

They could show all kinds of beige PC's with bugs (_real_ bugs as in insects) crawling all over them and the pan to an open spot amid the wriggling mess, no bugs to be seen, in which proudly stands an iMac.
Voice over: "In the year 2003 almost ~$ x billion damages due to worms, bugs, viruses etc. Copious security fixes etc. However, a small percentage of the computers seems to be completely immune ... the Apple iMac: internet-proof"

Then all the people who know how to write worms and trojans and virii in general will start developing for the mac just cause of these comercials. Not a good idea I think no need to poke the sleeping dragon....

As for Ricky's idea, I was thinking instead of making them look like tortured Egyptians, they could be running around frantically while infrastructure (or even structures) collapses around them, madly pecking away at PC keyboards, while Apple users watch. Just like what really happened, though from behind the 'Net lines.

Da_iMac_Daddy said:
Then all the people who know how to write worms and trojans and virii in general will start developing for the mac just cause of these comercials. Not a good idea I think no need to poke the sleeping dragon....

I agree, no need to draw their attention. Apple is good but nothing is "internet-proof"

Although, most of the windose viruses are stupid user activated. What do you expect though given that they use windose to begin with.

Back