New Apple Pro Mouse?

Problems... Problems... Problems...

If this supposedly is a joke then I do this :D and this :p and then I keep it :cool:

I hope that you will not post ::alien:: stuff again...

You! You! Pure ::evil:: !!!

Sorry for the delay, I was stuck in traffic from work to home. I did save the image because I thought something like this would happen and through the power of ssh, I was able to get it from work.

Attachments

• applepromouse.jpg
    applepromouse.jpg
    2.2 KB · Views: 272
Ive seen it before I think that was a mockup and someone posted it at spymac a few months ago... it's bs, definetly a fake.

apple will never make a 2 button mouse, its stubborn on their part, but i think thats how its going to be.

For now, ill stick with my cheap-0 M$ 2 button with scroll wheel.

apple will never make a 2 button mouse, its stubborn on their part, but i think thats how its going to be

One thing I've learned about Apple... Never say "never"...

I think the time has come for Apple to release a two button mouse. First of all, OS X now supports two button mice natively. Second, Apple is still wooing switchers, and one of the biggest complaints from them is "where's the second button?"...Third, most of Apple's Pro applications make great use of a second (and in some cases a third) button.

That said, although that image looks nice, it doesn't have a scrollwheel. If Apple is going to go the extra mile with the second button, I would sincerely hope they see the benefit of adding a scrollwheel, which is an indespensible tool for anyone who surfs the net.

Yes, but I remember reading that Apple did some research and found that helpdesk calls could be reduced by 7 or 8% if the computer had only one mouse button. Anyone who has ever tried to help a PC user fix a problem over the phone will know how much time is spent explaining "right click" and so on.

It makes me wonder what happens with those people using M$ six or seven button mice. How often do beginners run into trouble because what they think is right click is actually a scroll-sideways button?

Its only worth adding a productivity-enhancing feature IF IT ACTUALLY ENHANCES PRODUCTIVITY. Most PC manufacturers can't get their heads around that concept. Apple seem to understand it though.

I will stick with third party multi-button mouse with scroll wheel until apple releases one. Sorry, but I can't go back to one button mouse.

Well, it must only be a really bad looking fake... it is really ugly!!!

I use the Apple mouse for work, but a Logitech MX500 for fun and all the rest...
Not for beginners maybe, but for switchers it is really good!

Anyway... how can you ahve a 2 button mouse like that and nothing more? And it should be really uncomfortable too!!! :confused:

that mouse does not look credible.

and by the way, the link to the other forum ends to an edited-out post. :err:

when i switched to my mac i found the one-button mouse very uncomfortable. now it works perfect for me, but the only problem is that it doesnt have a scroll wheel :)

the only problem is that it doesnt have a scroll wheel

Good point. I would use an Apple Pro Mouse if it had at least a scroll-wheel. I have no problem with just one button, but I need my scroll-wheel! :)

Originally posted by tsizKEIK
when i switched to my mac i found the one-button mouse very uncomfortable. now it works perfect for me, but the only problem is that it doesnt have a scroll wheel :)

But what I believe that Apple will give us very soon (23rd of this month maybe :rolleyes: ) is even beyond that... 1 or more buttons? Nah! Probably 1 button but it will operate as a 2 button mouse as well... :p

12 days of waiting & disturbing torture this Apple Pro Mouse puzzle is :p :D ;)

:)

Apple: Nothing is carved in stone but the fact that a mouse has one button only. :p

First of all, if Apple were going to come out with a multi-button mouse it would not look like their current mouse because the current one is designed around the idea of having the entire upper casing be the "button". So they definitely would not divide that into two buttons in such a manner as the picture shows. Secondly, I don't think Apple would release a two button mouse alone--not with all of the much more functional ones out there. At the very least it would also have a scroll mechanism (something like the Kensington Studio Mouse, perhaps?), though I think probably more than just two buttons besides that. What the picture depicts is little better than PC mice before the invention of the scroll wheel.

But I agree that it would be nice if Apple offered an additional choice, though I think that there are enough quality offerings on the market that whether they do or not is not the most important product development they could engage in. If they were to do it I would hope that they would continue to ship the standard, one button mouse as the default, offering a "pro" mouse as an upgrade option. Bundle such a mouse with an Apple designed ergonomic keyboard and I would be one very happy Mac user.

Hey guys, wake up... Mac OS X is not equal to Windows! Mac OS was designed from the ground up to use with one-click mouse! You never *REALLY* need to use extra buttons for Safar, Mail, iChat, Sherlock, Address Book, iTunes, iPhoto, etc! I don't see there is needed of the two-button mouse, at least, on the Apple side.

Back