New Apple Pro Mouse?

ddma, MacOSX uses two buttons as easily as WinXP. The interface was intended to work with a one-button mouse; but honestly it works just as great with two.

If not better.

That picture, btw... super fake.

with my kensington mouse (which supports 'chords' i can do a billion things with my mouse. it's fantastic.

i think apple would probably take the 2 button/ scroll wheel mouse thing to some unique level, but i doubt they would ever produce just a two button/scroll wheel mouse. there are plenty out there already.

my ideas:
a horizontal scroll wheel - hard to use and a stupid idea, but it would be kinda neat =) imagine a little ipod scroll wheel on the top of your mouse, hehe.
a thumb scroll wheel - this makes more sense than a scroll wheel between the two buttons imho. much easier to use.

I read in MacUser (UK Mac Magazine) that Apple were planning to make a 2 Button mouse... They wernt sure however.

I hope they dont. Ive used Macs all my life, and im more than happy to use the control+click if needed. I love the stylish one button mice.

And best of all, I love seeing people look over it, and ask "Wheres the button?" and then trying to press down on the back - ho ho ho

Originally posted by ddma
Hey guys, wake up... Mac OS X is not equal to Windows! Mac OS was designed from the ground up to use with one-click mouse! You never *REALLY* need to use extra buttons for Safar, Mail, iChat, Sherlock, Address Book, iTunes, iPhoto, etc! I don't see there is needed of the two-button mouse, at least, on the Apple side.
For that matter you don't need a mouse at all. You can do everything you need to do with the keyboard... Of course having a mouse does make some things easier, I suppose...

You're right to say that you don't need a second button (or a third or a fourth) to get things done. Holding down the Control, Command, or Option key while clicking on the single button does everything you need it to do. However I happen to find that by having multiple buttons and programing them to do different things in different applications I can greatly speed up my workflow. I can't even imagine not having quick, one-handed access to a Control-Click while working in Flash or Illustrator.

Back