New Fast RealBasic Text Editor

Not bad, but a few things, if you don't mind constructive criticism.

-Make the buttons the same length, and place them in a vertical line somewhere on the Red Page.
-It should say "Go to Homepage" but says "Got to Homepage"
-Use photoshop for the logo, get someone to make it for you or make one yourself.
-Move the Copyright into to the bottom of the page, make it small too.
-Show the "Go to Homepage" button, new version info, logo and URL on a seperate start up page.
-Also, make the window smaller. My above suggestion was in aid of this.

Just what I think of course. Good work friend.

Iv'e Added What You said but I can't do a logo yet
It has a menu with a fully functional about page.

Take a look at my other forums

Alright, I'll download it in a second.

Just remember, remove what I said and put it in a seperate page.

All it will be is the text input and the 3 buttons. Maybe you could put them under the text input.

Here's a list of suggestions to make your app better:

a) Try and stick to the Apple Human Interface Guidelines. Check out this site for more details. http://developer.apple.com/documentation/UserExperience/Conceptual/OSXHIGuidelines/index.html
b) Make the buttons the same size. Make one of the buttons be the default button (i.e. hitting Return/Enter will cause the button to be pressed). Your quit button seems to be blocking out part of your logo.
c) Your label at the bottom of the logo needs to be resized. Part of it gets chopped off, and as a consequence, I can't tell what this software is for. It says "The Purpose of this small software is for ... a save etc"
d) Have a menu bar. This way, you can have an menu item that can be called "About Copy Paster" and you can create a new dialog box where you can display the copyright information, the logo, and other stuff that doesn't affect the functionality of the app.
e) With regards to the layout of your app, you might want to have a row of buttons below the text area. Something like in the screenshot, but you might want to move the Go to Homepage and Quit buttons into the menus.

Happy coding, and good luck :)

Attachments

• Picture 1.pdf
    15 KB · Views: 16
wow sorry but thats horrible, try Java for cross platform apps, as for OS X, Any cocoa programmer can write a better app without any code with one arm tied behind their back.

I am getting a 404 error when i try to download....

and this is something for your website, take out the space in the file name and if you like add an underscore "_" or just leave it CopyPaster2.0.1

Personally, I find the pulsing buttons quite distracting. And could the textbox be a bit bigger - say tall enough to reach all the way down to the horizontal rule above the logo.

And would it be possible to resize the window? When resizing, Id suggest having only the text-box change size - as it is theres a lot of screen area used up with buttons and stuff. BUT, I'd specify a minimum size for the text-box, of about 1 inch square, or something similar - big enough to still be usable.

Perhaps the option for a slimline window - maybe hide the buttons, or organise them more like this:
/ CopyPaster \
|--------------|
| Text area |
|--------------|
\ Buttons /

But thats just my personal opinion...

Oh, and also - in the Copypaster window.... it says that this is version 0.1b... (using 2.0.1)

Back