new formac 17" LCD

Yeah, I saw that too. Verrryy interesting.

Maybe Apple will have to lower the price on their 17" display another hundred dollars to compete. Although it remains to be seen how many people actually know about this display and will buy it.

what Apple's lawyers will think of that design!:eek:

It looks very similar to those fake LCD iMac images that have been floating around for a while!

**** MY 100th POST YAYYHHHHH!!!!!!****
...thankyou thankyou!

(Nearly caught up with AdmiralAK!!):p

That thing is so nice looking. makes me wanna order one now but have to see what the quality is like for DV and high res graphics stuff.

this company is the same one who makes the proformance3 video card with a connector for an SGI lcd monitor. I bought one, at which time formac said they'd support osx after the release of osx (march 24, ladies and gents). the public beta has supported the proformance3 card simply as a framebuffer, unaccelerated.

now with osx 10.1, I'm still using the card in the same, unaccelerated capacity because formac refuses even to state what the deal is with a real driver. their support page still references the public beta. and when I called tech support a couple weeks ago, they told me that they are exiting the graphics card business and there would probably not be a driver. GRRR!!

I've heard nothing but horror stories about this company. I tried to call tech support every few days for a month, and the line rang and hung up. I'm just telling my experience so that people don't think that this company is one who feels any responsibility for the satisfaction of their customers. beware..

Originally posted by soellman
this company is the same one who makes the proformance3 video card with a connector for an SGI lcd monitor. I bought one, at which time formac said they'd support osx after the release of osx (march 24, ladies and gents). the public beta has supported the proformance3 card simply as a framebuffer, unaccelerated.

now with osx 10.1, I'm still using the card in the same, unaccelerated capacity because formac refuses even to state what the deal is with a real driver. their support page still references the public beta. and when I called tech support a couple weeks ago, they told me that they are exiting the graphics card business and there would probably not be a driver. GRRR!!

I've heard nothing but horror stories about this company. I tried to call tech support every few days for a month, and the line rang and hung up. I'm just telling my experience so that people don't think that this company is one who feels any responsibility for the satisfaction of their customers. beware..

Thats what i was afraid of. Sorry for you. Others take note.

Originally posted by swizcore
Thats what i was afraid of. Sorry for you. Others take note.
thanks.. but of course, that being said, it looks like a good monitor, and you won't have the driver hell I've had with their card.. :)

Back