New G5 owner--Looking for an inexpensive monitor

househead1990

Registered
I am a graphic/web designer and just recelently purchased a powermac G5. I am currently using a 19 inch flat screen KDS LCD monitor. It pretty much sucks when it comes to displaying vibrant and consistent colors. So I am seeing if anyone can possibly recommend a good, reasonbly priced monitor. I would love an apple monitor but it is out of my budget. Looking to spend anywhere from $200-$500. Any recommendations? Any feedback would be great. Thanks

I recently got an acer 1916 ws, a 19" widescreen monitor with 8ms response and 500:1 contrast, i got it for about 340 dollars, and looks pretty good to me, its analog rather than dvi though.

Spend the xtra money on the 20" apple... it is worth it in the long run, you won't regret it if you spend hours staring at your monitor (as I am assuming you do or will from what you do). If you try and go cheap.. a year from now when you have the extra $150 that could have gotten you the apple, you may kick yourself for being so frugle. Buy for the long run - hopefully you'll only get busier and be using it more. (looking at the apple display is even easier on my eyes- and seems to be a higher quality- than the lcd on my powerbook

I completely agree, that is, if I we're buying it for myself. Unfortunately It's for the low budget start up company that I'm working for. I wish I could convince them to get me the apple but it it won't fly. I'm still gonna browse around for something more inexpensive. To tell you the truth this is the first time posting in a forum. Call me a newbie. Thanks for your feedback.

Regards
Ryan

i got a viewsonic va712b, and love it. its fast, bright and crisp. it also has a dvi connection. and it can be found on sale for around $200 if you look. i got it for gaming, but it works great for the little personal graphics i do.

Back