new HD no external speaker sound

Qfxz

Registered
Apple replaced the HD on my G5 iMac. My LogicPro and Harmon-Kardin speakers worked perfectly before replacing the HD, now I only get the onboard speakers. My extern al speakers never showed in 'profiler' or anywhere else but they worked before. Is there a way to get the machine to recognize these speakwers?
Anyone know what to do now?

John Q

I had a similar problem on my Mac Mini... although I never had any work done on it. For some reason, about a week and a half ago, my external sound went out. After wrestling with Apple Care to ensure that it wasn't a software problem, they determined my logic board is faulty. So as of today they sent it off to be fixed.
Here's a question I have: when you plug in the jack for the speakers, does the internal sound mute itself? 'Cause that's what mine was doing. Also, do you have a way to determine that it's not your speakers? A pair of headphones, a cable to run it to your stereo, etc. It's always good to be sure.
If you aren't still under warranty, you may not still have to pay for the repair if Apple did the install of the HDD.

Back