New iBook G4: What's On This Disk?

Amie

Mac Convert for Life
My new iBook G4 came with a Tiger disk (for optional installation) and two Mac OS X Panther disks (for backups, in case I have to reinstall Panther), an iWorks disk, and some other stuff. I know what everything is for except for one thing: There's a disk labeled "Additional Applications" or "Optional Applications" or something along those lines. Does anyone know what exactly is on this disk? I'm afraid to insert it into my CD/DVD drive--I don't want to mess up my perfect Mac! :D

Don't worry about that disk. It just has programs such as Xcode 2 and other programming bundles on it. It won't install unless you tell it to.

MacMediaGuru said:
Don't worry about that disk. It just has programs such as Xcode 2 and other programming bundles on it. It won't install unless you tell it to.

Are the programs on the disk anything that I would need/use? Or are they just computer jargon and codes for technical purproses? Are the programs on the disk additional, functional applications that I might be interested in installing?

Put the disk in and look through it. Like mentioned, nothing will install unless you install it.

Back