new ibooks and imacs in (ipod)mini colours???

jobsen_ski

Daily Player
After the release of the original iMac apple were praised for getting rid of the cream box style computer, with the anouncement of the new iMac everone thought more moddern better and what did they come up with back to boring white (ok slightly better than cream/off white) I have heard rumors that the new iBooks and iMacs (when ever they arrive) will be made of the same material as the ipod minis (I just got 1 :->) and will be avalible in the same (possibly more) colours! Personaly I think this would be gr8 - more colour!!! Any 1 else heard anything - or just oppinions! :p

Eeek! I hope not. Would be a terrible problem for a) marketing and b) logistics. Always to have the _wrong_ models in store is very bad.

Oh, please God, let it not be true...

I can just see an anodized gold "dalmation" color scheme around the corner... AAAH!

Can you provide a link to where you heard this?

I like quite like the idea! After seeing ColorWare's PowerBooks and iPods I'd like to see apple do it. After all, it's been a while since the old multicoloured iBooks and iMacs, I'd like to see the colours come back! Wouldn't mind a powder blue 12" PowerBook G5. Maybe by the time one is available I might be able to afford one.

Color may be nice, but not the colors of the mini. The colors they're offering the mini in are ugly IMHO. That's the whole reason I haven't bought one yet...I'd buy one if it was white and maybe the silver one, but those others are just too odd.

Apple should buy out those Mac Skinz, or whatever they're called, and integrate them directly into the casing. Imagine being able to order a computer like a car: all cars of the same model are identical, besides the color... or pattern, if you will... surely you've all seen the cars with flames, or purple-to-gold gradients...

I think the reason the look of the iMac and iBook changed drastically in 2001-2002 was to match the new operating system. Admit it, your old iMac looks weird against Aqua and Brushed Metal. If they can make the colors as successful as the iPod mini's (IMHO)except include a white option than i'm all for that.

Well we have had colour iBooks before. So i guess it could happin - however It would be a nightmare, as i hated my Blueberry iBook.

I knew it was a rumor :D but I couldn't remember where I heard it. This was obviously not my original source but if u listen to this (Apple’s March 1 presentation at the Morgan Stanley Semiconductor & System Conference.) http://www.apple.com/quicktime/qtv/morganstanley04/ after about 36 minuits a question is asked about new imacs / ibooks and in mini colours of course "apple can't coment" but there enginners will continue to use colours in their products!!! :) ::ha:: :p

Back