New iMac 20" and PowerMac Dual 1.8 GHz

uk store is down too...

20" iMac would be cool.
i've read rumours that the imac is gonna get a complete overhaul in early 2004 anyway, perhaps a cube shape ?

I was gonna wait 'til Jan-Feb for the new G5s... but hopefully gonna get one before Xmas now... woohoo!

Apple just released the rumored 20" iMac and enhanced the G5 line: price drops on the low end and a new dual 1.8 GHz.

An overview from MacRumors:
The new high end iMac offers a 20" widescreen LCD screen, 1.25GHz G4, 256 DDR333 SDRAM, and NVidia GeForce FX 5200 Ultra for $2199.00

iMac Line:

15" 1GHz, $1299
17" 1.25GHz, $1799
20" 1.25GHz, $2199

The new Dual 1.8GHz PowerMac offers Dual 1.8GHz G5, 900MHz Frontside Bus, 512MB DDR400 SDRAM, Superdrive, and NVidia GeForce FX 5200 Ultra. The new PowerMac G5 product line:

Single 1.6GHz PowerMac - $1799 (from $1999)
Dual 1.8GHz PowerMac - $2499 (new)
Dual 2.0GHz PowerMac - $2999 (Unchanged)

That leaves us with Xserves and Screens to be updated ...

wow, i've never seen any rumor about 20" iMacs! Now suddenly it's there! Jiha!! :D Go Apple!

I surely want to see this in real! Even my iMac's 17" screen sometimes goes down automaticaly because of the wheigth!

20"! :eek:

So the Dual 1.8GHz is actually lower in price than the old single? When I ordered mine, the 1.8 was a penny under GBP 2000, now it's 1899. Yet the single 1.6 has dropped by GBP 150, but is identical to the old one. Hmm.

DP 1.8 looks like a really good middle option all the same, anyone who bought a single 1.8 must be a bit pis%^& off right now!

Gonna get me a dual 1.8 tomorrow :) (Well, from the Apple Store... so probably get it next year sometime ;) )

Whooohoooo!

Hmm... Still hoping that I get the money I'm waiting for... Might buy me such a dual beast... Although, I'm also lusting after a 15" PowerBook. Hard to decide, I think... Maybe the iBook would do okay for on-the-road, but then I'd have two Macs... Which is a good thing, too, somehow... Maybe... Hmm... (Fryke remembers that he hasn't GOT that money yet...) Nice iBook, nice iBook. :)

I thought so: the new dual 1.8 Ghz G5's are $100 more than the previous model.

I noticed that you can order more stuff with a computer now. The configuration pages now allow for OS X Server, FCE, and Keynote to be preinstalled (for a fee, of course ;)).

I found this interesting: "Special Offer - Every Mac needs .Mac. Buy a Mac between January 7 and December 27, 2003 and save $30 on .Mac Internet essentials." I didn't know you could do that! Or do they mean 1/7/03 to 12/27/03?

... personally I would wait for MWSF before buying anything ... remember last year? iBooks and PowerBooks were speedbumped in november and then at MWSF, less than 2 months after that, the new PowerBooks were introduced ... I don't know, the PM's got a relatively small boost, I wouldn't rule out another (small) bumo at MWSF. This one was just for the holiday season.

Back