New iMac for my mother

StarScream

Decepticon
Hi all,

I am going to buy the new iMac 700 , for my mother. but i have one question
what is the change to get a dead pixel / ore is this problem solved by Apple ???

Thanx for reading this post !! Greetingz from Holland :) :) :) :)

I'd say chances of getting a dead pixel are around 1 and 5. You really don't notice it after a while. They usually won't exchange the machine unless there's a major problem, and one or two dead pixels don't count.

That's just the way LCD technology is right now. Hopefully in the future we'll see some more advanced LCDs that don't suffer from this problem.

thanx for the awnser :)

Yes the Apple resseller store is 10 minutes from my house so i can see the machine first thanx for the tip !!!

I bought seven TFTs till in my life (excluding organizer and smartphones).

Three of them (my old Celeron 400 Notebook, my Cinema Display and a 15'' TFT from my brother) came with dead pixels, 2 on the notebook, three on my Cinema Display, one on the 15'' TFT. Not one of them really "annoys" me, if you work, you don't even see them. The other TFTs (iBook, Powerbook, 17'' Studio Display, TFT iMac) came without dead pixels.

Chances are that you get a dead pixels, and people shouldn't make a big deal about it...it's this way since the introduction of the first TFT and seriously, it will never change as long as the technology itself doesn't change.

A dead pixel is no big deal...

The new iMac has a resolution of 1024x768 pixels, that makes 786.432 pixels, 2.359.296 transistors. So if one of them fails (resulting in a discolored or - if all three fail - dead pixel) I think it is still a high quality manufacturing process...

Back