New Imac Revealed

jokell82

Registered
Since some people might not want to see it until tomorrow, I'll just put up a link. Time Canada has posted their new issue online, with Apple's new iMac as the cover story. Check it out here: http://www.timecanada.com/

Also, another surprise is revealed in the article: iPhoto. :D

I CAN'T BELIEVE THAT AFTER TAKING ALL THE SECURITY MEASURES NOT TO REVEAL THE NEW iMAC, TIME IS PUBLISHING THE PHOTO BEFORE THE KEYNOTE...

Maybe it's another fake???? :D
Who knows??

P.S.: It's not THAT beautiful

Hmm. A very cool machine. I want one. I'm happy about the G4. But still, is it overhyped? Should we be getting used to this sort of letdown?

Of course, I really should wait until after the show before I declare it a letdown.

Originally posted by vanguard
Hmm. A very cool machine. I want one. I'm happy about the G4. But still, is it overhyped? Should we be getting used to this sort of letdown?

Of course, I really should wait until after the show before I declare it a letdown.

We also don't know if this is the only thing being revealed tomorrow. Remember the line "Beyond the rumor sites. Way beyond."??? Well the flat panel iMac was predicted on EVERY rumor site. I think they still have something up their sleeve.

Sorry but that thing looks stupid, it looks like a cyborg E.T.

E.T. PHONE APPLE SUPPORT, THIS THING LOOKS LIKE A LUMP OF WHITE SHIT.

Originally posted by ManicDVLN
Sorry but that thing looks stupid, it looks like a cyborg E.T.

E.T. PHONE APPLE SUPPORT, THIS THING LOOKS LIKE A LUMP OF WHITE SHIT.

Ditto

"The original iMac did bring converts into the Apple tent. Besides, if all goes according to plan, merely by surviving Apple could grow into other areas. Jobs believes the shake-out in the computer industry will result in Apple's being one of four computer makers left standing. The other three? Compaq and/or Hewlett Packard, Dell and Sony. The rival he's pursuing most aggressively is Sony, which not only makes stylish computers ("They copy us like crazy!") but also makes plenty of digital lifestyle products. "I would rather compete with Sony than compete in another product category with Microsoft," he says. That's because Sony has to rely on other companies to make its software. "We're the only company that owns the whole widget-the hardware, the software and the operating system," he says. "We can take full responsibility for the user experience. We can do things that the other guy can't do" -TimeCanada

http://www.timecanada.com/story.adp?storyid=1&part=4

HAHAHA compete with Sony! Steve Jobs still doesn't understand that without being COST EFFECTIVE, Mac will always be undermined.

Starbucks, AMD, Mcdonalds, LG, Volkswagon, Honda.... these companies all know that being Cost effective in the market PAYS OFF VERY WELL.

Steve Jobs is either toogreedy or doesn't realise this at all.

G4 cube is a good example of this...

"Instead of looking like the old iMac, the thing should look more like the flowers in the garden. Jobs said, "It should look like a sunflower."

Sunflower like design?

I'll pass....

New and exciting? Yes.

Innovative and groundbreaking? No...

Originally posted by BlingBling 3k12
iPhoto and iDVD on high end iMac models... THIS RUINED MY MACWORLD EXPERIENCE! FUCK!

No one FORCED you to read the article. That's why I didn't post any pics...:rolleyes:

If this baby has a G4 then the Power Macs must have G5s or blazing fast G4s. This thing is awsome, I don't know why you guys are complaining. We still dont know the exact specs. anyway, give it time. I think this thing is a lot cooler than what were looking at in these pictures!

Anyone notice this was a leak? The story is dated Jan 14th, 2002... Somebody didn't lock down the article properly...

After all this hard work to keep this thing a secret. Out comes Time exploiting this thing the night before its release. I bet Stevie boy wishes he did and interview with Newsweek now!

Get over it guys. It's a shape. Seriously, it's NOT THAT BAD. Plus, it takes up absolutely no space (DAMN and a DVD burner on the high end?? My comp probably just got trumped by an iMac). I think this is a great design.

It's a hemisphere on the bottom. I haven't heard any of you guys saying that a watermelon looks ugly, have I? Sheesh, some people.

Oh, by the way -- SOME magazine that will remain nameless will probably be put to shame tomorrow morning. :D

SOME magazine that will remain nameless will probably be put to shame tomorrow morning.

I definitely agree. :D

BlingBling 3k12 - I think MacWorld might be waaay more exciting that you'd think if Steve puts on a full show. :D

MacNN and MacMinute have already posted blurbs with links to that nameless magazine's web site.

holy crap, I think I heard something pop in Cupertino! :D

Back