new iMacs anytime soon? :D

amo

Registered
This may be a really stupid question, as the iMac just came out a couple months ago, but do you forsee any chance of an upgrade comming to the machine this summer?

I hope we see updates at MWNY... That way, if it gets faster specs, more people will get interested and buy them up again. Let's hope Apple doesn't pull this "Upgrade every year and a half" crap that they did with the old iMacs... They have a hot seller here, let's hope they keep it interesting and not let the hype burn out.

I think the 2 things I want to see in an imac is 17" lcd and one that is the newer design. Brighter, better looking, faster response time and less dead pixel problems. untill then i won't buy an LCD. I love the imac looks, just don't want to worry about dead pixels and also the response time is to low. so when fast moving objects are going you see LCD problems.

I bought the Apple 17" LCD last Nov 2001 and the first day I got it it had one dead pixel. So i sent it back for a full including shipping refund. It looked great, but I noticed issues when moving windows fast and so forth.

Also for LCD for the formac 17.4" is cheaper and brigther and better response time then Apples 17". $100 cheaper and bigger plus better, hehe.

Anyhow I would like to see an updated imac, but i don't think they will till the end of this year.

Originally posted by buggs1a
I think the 2 things I want to see in an imac is 17" lcd and one that is the newer design. Brighter, better looking, faster response time and less dead pixel problems. untill then i won't buy an LCD. I love the imac looks, just don't want to worry about dead pixels and also the response time is to low. so when fast moving objects are going you see LCD problems.

Um.... I own a TiBook... and I have no idea what the heck you're talking about. Dead pixels, I understand, but faster response? I remember on really old PowerBooks, if you moved the cursor too fast, you would lose it, because the pixels took a few fractions of a second to change... but I don't think TFT has this problem... or am I missing something?

Back