New in Safari 2.0?

Scottfab

Helpless Mac Newbie
Unless I'm mistaken, Tiger come with Safari 2.0. Besides that RSS thing, what other new features come with it?

Hopefully "find as you type" and keyword searches. Then I wont need Saft.

Nope. Nothing like that. Mainly, it's RSS and all the stuff that's new in 1.3.

that sucks. I was hoping that Apple would actually go out of its way to make Safari actually good... I'd use Firefox full time if it didnt have scrolling and streaming issues.

Well, I think that's a very personal view you have there. I (personally, too, of course) think Safari was great since the very first betas and is my main browser 'til today. Sogudi (which gives me major keyboard shortcuts like in OmniWeb, which is my _other_ browser of choice) saves my day - and works with Safari 1.3/2.0.

The main feature is speed improvements. It will be even faster than 1.3 so they say because of more optimized graphics libraries than with Panther.

One feature I'd like to see in Safari is a Firefox-style search box in the tool bar. I really want to go back to using safari once I get Tiger because of the RSS features but I've got used to the convenience of having such a versatile search function right in the toolbar. In the end I guess RSS will win but I'll sure miss the search box.

Back