New iPod Photo

be it to kainjow to find the picture... who probably already has had his hands on one for the past few weeks. Can't really tell by the photo, but looks like the same earphones... can't really read the menu to well. The screen looks like active matrix though. Looks good to me. I thought I wouldn't like the all in one scroll wheel. It looks like the center button curves in a bit not sharp wall like the other ones. The screen looks really vivid though.

that's kinda weird -
image kinda looks photoshopped, but the url puts it on msnbc's media site (under newsweek).

right on i guess. will be pretty neat I suppose. drop the current gen prices so I can get one of those now!

My iPod 3G doesn't have a "Shuffle Songs" option either... could this be a new iPod OS that works happily with Party Shuffle option in iTunes 4.5+?

I for one can believe this. It doesn't detract from the uniqueness of the iPod Mini, and it doesn't divert from the way the iPod is supposed to look - a CONSUMER device, thus white acrylic. Hopefully this will put to rest all the claims that the iPod will go brushed metal. Perhaps if they make a new PowerPod device, which is more PDA-oriented, thus belonging in the Power user range.

oh nice. I likes... no color screen though. hmmm... some predictions seem to have been confirmed wrong.

Everything looks great on it, I hope they don't have a crappy plastic back on there. The metal backing really made the ipod, and allowed for the engraving. If its brushed metal and not total chrome that would be fine as well. After looking at some other photos not sure if the screen resolution has been improved.

Hehe... I'm thinking the "color screen" that was confirmed by certain members of this forum may actually be a monochrome screen with several different colored "themes" or solid-color backgrounds/backlights... still a colored screen, but not what we expected.

What would the possibility be that this new ipod is actually less than 4 gigs its only 1 or 2 gigs and is all plastic, with nothing special and sells for $149.99 then in August they have the new big brother ipods at $249 and up and the mini is at $229. So, that would cover all spectrums of the music player market. Though I doubt that very much will actually come to fruition.

mi5moav sorry to say this, but uve missunderstood Jobs' and apple's way of thinkin completely :)
there will never be such a cheap ipod, because its just not possible:)

as for the picture being photoshopped, can some1 (eg quiksan) pls explain where he can see such indications ??? ''

and 3rd and most important. this is a CONFIRMATION of Scotts fake claiims concerning a new colour ipod just to gather more ppl in the forum :)
how does macosx.com feel now that theyre humeliated once again ?

1) i think scott need to stop with the predictions
2) i think it is an iPod mini wheel PSed on to an iPod
3) why would jobs let newsweek publish this before he announces a new iPod?

(as for the menu, i am not sure if it is PSed or not)

ahahahah
any guy who thinks this is PSed ur pathetic...

ill be laughin tomorrow just like when i was laughin when Panther screenshots were out and some ppl thought the metal interface was fake!

this iPod has been rumoured the past week with accurate details being provided :)
It IS TRUE , and it just happens that Jobs has given an exclusive interview to them :)
interviews and magazines take time, they dont just happen in a few hours. the magazine is being sent out today for its readers to have it on monday tuesday !!! and it so happens it was posted online. nothin strange !

the button in the middle isnt INdented its OUTdented - if thats even a word - just like the mini's the button feels so much more classy than the flat buttin on the 3G ipod models. It also actualy clicks in (like the four sides of the wheel)so that you know you pressed it! the only thing that I would say is that the wheel loks a funny colour. The one on the mini is whit this one seems to have a blue tinge to it. could it be that what ever colour you set the scrren to (as ElDiablo suggested) the wheel also has a slight hint of that colour i.e. if the screen was red(ish) (prob would be more like pink) then the wheel would have a red (ish) glow?

well, it does look like the mini will be the el cheapo, this is the middle of the line with the 20 and the 40 and then ipod xtreme at 60gigs might have some other video/color screen options. Definetly looks like the mini could come down to $199 this would be the 299 - 399 option and then this new ipod xtreme is going to be at 499 with color screen and built in fm transmitter later in august.

You don't think they'd put the medium model on the cover of newsweek if the highend had a colour screen, now would you. Highend will have 60GB drive, but still the same old screen.

mi5moav said:
well, it does look like the mini will be the el cheapo, this is the middle of the line with the 20 and the 40 and then ipod xtreme at 60gigs might have some other video/color screen options. Definetly looks like the mini could come down to $199 this would be the 299 - 399 option and then this new ipod xtreme is going to be at 499 with color screen and built in fm transmitter later in august.
Don't think it'll happen. Current iPods are expecting to be $299 for 20G, $399 for 40G, so same price but bigger drives. $199 for iPod mini is too cheap for Apple..

I will eat my shorts if the ipod mini doesn't get down to $199 by Jan of next year. Better yet I'll actually buy a pc. The color screen is far flung. I really don't get the whole color screen thing. My ipod is usually in my pocket and I don't use album art and I wouldn't download superflous garbage onto my ipod. If it were to glow different colors like my ibooks charger ring that would be fine with me. Hopefully, they up the notes to 16k. The longer battery life is definetly a plus. If they added another card game and better shuffle features that would be great.

mi5moav said:
Hopefully, they up the notes to 16k.
Current notes are at 4k. Quadrupling the current size is a little extreme. I do hope they add more features to the notes reader ;)

Here's the actual Newsweek story:

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/5457434/site/newsweek/

Highlights
- No color (screens or cases)
- Moved the Mini scrollwheel to new iPod
- Cost per megabyte is lower ($399 for 40gig, $299 for 20gig)
- No more 15 gig model, iPod mini is the only "low end"
- Slightly smaller (millimeter thinner, slightly shorter) but otherwise no changes to the chassis
- Slightly improved menus
- Ability to play back at 25% faster (intended for audiobooks), slower, without changing pitch (i.e. it doesn't compress the waveform, it just removes samples, which is the right way to do it =)
- Here's the big one - 50% boost in battery life!

Back