New iPods: 9/8/03

Originally posted by MikeXpop
Granted he used ~300 kbps, but it's still not that much music.

You're right, at 300kbps on that 80gig drive, after 37 days of listening to music for 16 hours a day, I'd hear the same song twice. That's not much music at all!

40 GB at an average of 3.5 minutes per song is over 580 hours of music. At an average of 12 songs per CD, that's over 830 CD's. I don't think I'd ever fill one of those with music.

Damn Apple. Just made me order my 4th iPod. Still have them all. Maybe I should sell one or two of them. Ordered a 40 gig. Can I fill it up with music? No. Halfway though. My school blocked ALL, and I mean ALL filesharing programs, so the IMS is going to have to satisfy most of my needs for now. I wish they would update it more than once a week, and add some more indie labels. Damn.. with the IMS it will cost me almost 5 grand to fill the rest of it up, haha (right). Gives me an excuse to rip my 200+ album record collection.

That 40GB iPod has more storage than my iBook (30GB).

Wow! I broke 100 posts and didn't realise.

I was expecting the 3.1G series to come out - thought it would be at the Paris expo though.

Oh well...they released the day after I got my 5mp Olympus camera (C-50). Perfectly happy with that.

Atleast the camera kinda matches the brushed metal interface of Safari and iTunes. :->

Take that baby to a demo machine at CompUSA and you can fill it up, no problem.

No, don't do that...

Having over 37 days worth of music is INSANE!!!!! Think of how many songs you'd forget you even owned! Im happy with my 10 gig'er :D (although a new iPod wouldnt be bad at all)

LOL, I'd just be happy with an iPod.

This new iPod has more storage than all the (currently functional) computers in my house combined. Wacky!

Back