New keyobard and mouse!

julguribye

Registered
I like the new keyboard and mouse that follows with the iMac!:D
White keys, ahh that's much better. It's so hard to type on a black keyboard in soft light! You can't buy them seperatly yet I think. And you can't look closer at them in the Apple.com hardware section either. Wondering if there are any other new changes without the new white look? I bet they also will follow with the G4 Tower soon.

I think it would be just freaking awesome if the new PowerMac tower (and maybe even the displays) picked up on the new iMac color scheme. Imagine white/chrome towers and the matching keyboard, mouse, and LCD display with it. It would be freaking beautiful!!!

Probably the FIRST THING SPYMAC HAS EVER HAD THAT WASN'T A FAKE! but they do look great! i like the white, although it seems it could be easily made dirty after constant use...

and also...

How in the HELL did SpyMac get THAT CLOSE to Steve?!

I don't think the new towers will be white, because the white color is for the i-line...iBook, iMac, iPod. The chrome look is for the power-line, PowerMac (Quicksilver) and Powerbook.

Apple needs to get rid of the freaking damn shitty one button mouse. they are so damn stupid for keeping one button mouse for years when pc has 2 button it's whole life and there have been third party 2 button mice for years on mac. apple needs to just get off their high horses ass and release a nice opticle 2 button scroll wheele mouse with all new macs.

F#*@ two-button mice. And 3, 4, and 5 button mice. And scroll wheels. Why? Because you don't need them. Ever hear of the keyboard with so many keys on it? As far as I'm concerned, I don't need any more than one button, and it also simplifies things much more for the new computer user.

Go Apple! Keep on making one button mice!

I agree with the one button, but the scroll wheel is something which prevents me form using the Apple mouse. I need one. I have my left hand always in the left "ctrl"-region of they keyboard (allthough I have a five button Trackball and don't need to ctrl-click) due to the shortcuts of various apps. If I now imagine everytime I want to scroll without hitting the scroll arrows, I would have to move my hand over to the arrow keys....bleh. That's not intuitive.
I agree on the button, it is not completely necessary, but the scroll wheel, IMHO, is.

I have an Apple Pro Mouse and a Microsoft whatever two button mouse and I don't ever use the MS mouse because I don't care about the two buttons! Even with Windows I don't use the right button often. If I need to use a contextual menu with Mac OS I always have my left hand near the control key. I do agree that a scroll wheel maybe located on the left side of the pro mouse would be a nice and welcomed feature.

sorry but i'd have to go with some other mouse... i need a scroll wheel and a right-click only because after using them for so long, it's kinda hard to change...

at work, i've got my nice optical mouse with scroll and on the other one at work, there's a plain 2 button mouse... using the scroll makes my work a whole lot quicker and easier than using the standard 2 button...

but i'll probably get used to the one-button in no time, so i'll try it anyways :)

Originally posted by buggs1a
Apple needs to get rid of the freaking damn shitty one button mouse. they are so damn stupid for keeping one button mouse for years when pc has 2 button it's whole life and there have been third party 2 button mice for years on mac. apple needs to just get off their high horses ass and release a nice opticle 2 button scroll wheele mouse with all new macs.

The great thing about MacOSX, is that you only need ONE button. Yet it has support for up to 27 buttons. If you want extra buttons, you can get them through a 3rd party. But you will never NEED more than one to do ANYTHING.

This is a good thing.

FaRuvius

Being from a Windows background, I'm probably going to use the optical mouse with the two buttons and the scroll wheel

Actually, I think Apple should do the one button + scroll wheel with the scroll wheel doubling as the second button. :cool:

Remember the ergonomical issues of scroll-wheel mice. They're seriously dangerous! :eek:

That's why everybody should use a trackball ;) Seriously, I always had problems with my arm when I played stuff like Quake for a long time, and later - when I actually started earning money - I experienced the same with designing stuff, Flash, Photoshop, apps where you have to use the mouse much. After three or four hours, my arm hurt like hell. So I though "why move my arm if I could just move my finger?" So I got the optical Trackball from Microsoft, and it's great! I can work for hours without having any pain in my arm ;)

Maan, MICROSOFT? ;) :p

Kensington rules the world! :D

Yep, I agree, trackballs are waay better than mice. I've never tried an optical trackball, though ;)

It maybe rules the USA, but not Germany. Hard to get here in a standard store, Microsoft and Logitech rule us over here, mouse- and trackball-wise ;)
And since I am a fan of the "never change a running system"-slogan, I decided to stick to Microsoft hardware since it is really good! Kensington stuff is only available via online stores here, and I wouldn't buy a trackball I haven't held in my hands before.

the optical trackball is much better and much more precise than the trackball from Logitech I had some time ago (I switched to Microsoft since it wasn't a running system ;), the only problem is that you will have to clean it sometimes since your fingers will apply dirt to the ball, but it isn't that bad. Once a week take the ball out, turn the track-withoutball around and shake it a bit....as good as new ;)

One-button is one of Apple's "trademarks", simplicity for new users.
Apple has always made the one-button, they can't change that now! Apple has do be Think Different. If IBM makes two buttons, Apple makes one!:)

Back