new login -- MAIL won't open

yuki

Registered
Due to some sort of corruption I was unable to download. I login as another and the d/l is fine. However my MAIl application does not work. How do I get it to work. Must I reinstall from the OS X.1(?) CD? I am running X.3.5 on my G4.

Also is there a way I can transfer things such as ADDRESES and BOOKMARKS from 1 user to another?

Thanks

Logged in with that new user, go to Applications>Utility>Disk utility. Have it repair permissions for that user. When done, Mail should open.

You can import mailboxes from the import command under the File Menu. When you first opened Safari, the request to import should have come up. And addresses are in your AddressBook. The import command is under the File menu.

Can't repair permissions for a user, I believe. Also _if_ there's a problem with Mail.app's permissions, the user B, lacking permissions, would not be able to solve the problems unless he/she's an administrator, too.

Btw.: The tip was to create a second user to _test_ the download problem, not to fix all of your problems by using that second user as your main user in the future...

The test apparently showed that the downloading problem was not 10.3.5's fault but either some permissions' fault but more probably a fault of Safari's preferences file. You can just move that file out of the way now in order to troubleshoot your first user. (/Users/YOURNAME/Libary/Preferences/Safari.plist or something like that...)

Back