New look of macosx.com?? (10/5/2002)

karavite

Registered
Please tell me someone accidentally left the wrong CSS file on your server?

Is someone going through a Picasso-esque "blue period" or what.

It looks like one of those awful themes from Windowmaker.

Ever heard of the word "contrast"?

I agree! And please eliminate the flash navigation. It might have some sex appeal, but it becomes annoying and it really just fluff.

you can change the theme in Profile -> edit options.

Ohh and this light blue text in this box is REALLY hard to read. Kinda like the new look though.

Twister

OK, this might sound a little stupid, but now that the site has changed, i cant find the edit options, and change it back to the 'purple' look...help!!!!

thanks in advance,
spitty27

Click on the Profile button in the flash nav and then Edit Options is a choice on the top of that page

the flash nav isnt working in ie 5.2.2 thats why i had no clue what you were talking about. it BARELY works in chimera too. what browser can actually see it?

The idea of different themes is cool, but if we have signatures with different colors, then that will mess them up. Not well thought out.

the flash nav isnt working in ie 5.2.2 thats why i had no clue what you were talking about. it BARELY works in chimera too.
I am not having any problems at all with the flash and I'm using chim. >??< It's always good to have choices. The more I see it the more I like it -- except for the light blue text.

Originally posted by spitty27
the flash nav isnt working in ie 5.2.2 thats why i had no clue what you were talking about. it BARELY works in chimera too. what browser can actually see it?
I'm using Explorer 5.2.2 and the flash works just fine for me.

I think I've officially decided the whole site is too dark.

BTW, shouldn't this thread be in Site Discussion?

i think i have an idea for why the text for some people might be hard to read

i have a 15" screen (i think) that is built in to my iMac
but maybe it's harder for people who have 17"+screens

just an idea

ive tried about every browser : internet explorer, chimera, omniweb, icab, opera, and NETSCAPE is the only one to automatically show the nav bar. in chimera, if i put my mouse over where the likns are, some of the icons will load, and then if i hide the window, and bring it back up, it will show the whole thing. do i have some pref checked that is screwing it up?

***edit***
is there any program that will allow me to change my avatar from white background to transparent (and it will still stay animated). im asking this because since everythign is blue, id like my avatar to stick in.
***edit***

Originally posted by wdw_
very insightful MDLarson:D
LOL,
Yeah, just stating my 2¢. With all the controversy on this board, it's better to under-react sometimes! :D

BTW, I updated my new cardboard box avatar to have the blue background, but if people can choose what theme they like, it kind of messes up all that… :(

How dare you say anything anti-positive on this board. Shame on you. :)

Well, I get rid of the FLASH, it just didn't work like I wanted it too. Oh well!

When I find some time in the near future, I will take the NEW-THEME, and make a lighter, friendlier version for those who want it. The OLD-THEME will eventually go away. But is available non-the-less.

Admin

Originally posted by Admin
How dare you say anything anti-positive on this board. Shame on you. :)

I'm sorry for being anti-anti-negative. :)

Have you asked a graphic designer about the new theme? They know a lot about color and contrast. If you did ask one, ask another one!:D

Admin - please test themes on a number of browsers before updating...

iCab ignores all colour changes in text fiels etc., and thus remains usable.

IE obeys all of them, and thus remains usable.

Chimera changes foreground text but not background in textarea fields (but changes both in text fields), and thus you get light-blue-on-white, which is impossible to read.

Back