New Mac Minis and iBooks support core image?

As a mini user, I really have to say I am totally not bothered about Core Image. It make ZERO difference to me as a user.

The mini wasn't updated. Just different default configs. That's the reason. It's certainly cheaper not to change anything.

Alright. I went to the mac store yesterday. The 12inch and 14 inch ibook's support the ripple effect. I tried it out. The mini's don't, as fryke said config's were changed. So, I think go with a ibook. A damn good laptop. It's supports core iamge now! The mini's well it's a cheap mac, I mean what are ya gonna do? I just wanted to report on that one. ;-)

nietzsche2131 said:
Alright. I went to the mac store yesterday. The 12inch and 14 inch ibook's support the ripple effect. I tried it out. The mini's don't, as fryke said config's were changed. So, I think go with a ibook. A damn good laptop. It's supports core iamge now! The mini's well it's a cheap mac, I mean what are ya gonna do? I just wanted to report on that one. ;-)

Thank you for helping to end our confusion about the updates. As Much as i'd like to own a mini, as of right now i can't afford it. School, Probably new Car, and insurance doesn't help.

You say that now. But how will you feel when Apple comes out with it's competitor to Photoshop that relies on Core Image to function? While Apple probably won't come out with this app anytime soon, the technology in Core Image is so good, it's just a matter of time before some enterprising developer creates some really nice tools around it. When you're spending that kind of money, you don't want to be behind the 8-ball before you even get the computer home.

fjdouse said:
As a mini user, I really have to say I am totally not bothered about Core Image. It make ZERO difference to me as a user.

Then I won't buy it, of course!

And by the time I NEED to have Core Image, they'll have moved over to a new processor etc anyway and I may get a new Mac. No problem.

One thing though, I've just been told that Quicktime 7 Pro doesn't support brightness or contrast controls on machines which don't support Core Image - I'll have to verify that though. Considering they don't make that known in the list of required specs, I think it is a disgrace. I was just about to shell out my cash for it, now I won't.

Back