New mac user =)

jcshfn

Registered
Hello all,

Well I did it, I got my MacPowerbook and I do love it. I have parellels and I couldn't be happier. But I have a question, can I disable the power management stuff in the parellels bios so I don't get that pesky error message about not enough cpu horses to install this software?

The min sys requirements for the software Im loading says 1ghz and windows reports 2ghx, i saw a handful of sites that spoke of disable APM in their bios, but how on earth do you do that on a mac?!

I've futzed with the power management settings but I still get the error when installing. Wonder if I can use orca to edit the msi and take out the system check? But I'd much rather just toast APM bios for parellels as I would prefer to never have to use windows again, but as a software engineer using .net 2.0 well you know =)

Thanks much!
Steven

I am not a new Mac user - yet I am confused by your post.

01. Do you have a G4 PowerPC based Mac PowerBook; or, do you have an Intel based Mac Book? or Mac Book Pro?

If the former - a G4 PowerBook cannot have Parallels' 'Desktop for Mac' installed on it.

02. '... disable APM in their bios ...' is a PC hardware configuration process; and, is not Apple Macintosh related.

03. 'I've futzed [?] with the power management settings but I still get the error when installing.' ... ?, what 'power management settings?

04. 'Wonder if I can use orca to edit the msi and take out the system check?' - well, if you do ... reply to us with your results.

Back