New Nanos? Anyone have a guess?

banjo_boy

Bona Fide Pater Familius
Hey everyone! If someone has written this already, please direct me the the thread.

My son wants a Nano for his birthday (end of this month). I however heard rumblings that the Nano was being updated sometime soon. Does anyone have a grasp on when? I was going to buy the 4Gig but if there is going to be an 8Gig for the same price 2 weeks later, will be madder than a trailer home in Tornado Alley in the summer.

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Music and Books equate to education to me and are no-discussion purchases in my household. The Nano is the headache portion of this equation.

From the rumors and speculation I've heard, and I'm sure someone will correct me if I am wrong, is that new Nanos (and perhaps iPods in general) will be released in September or October. Further speculation is that they may be 6 and 8 gig models, and that at least some of them will have aluminum coating similar to that of the iPod mini. Again these are only rumors I've heard, but Nanos were released last September so there should be some update coming.

I just checked the Apple refurb area and the 4Gig Nanos are no longer $199 but $169. They were the former price about a month ago.

Back