New PowerBooks/iBooks Next Week?

why would we go from a 8 month product cycle back to a 3 month product cycle, makes no business sense. So, if the new books come next week the next uprade won't be before next year, earliest. No, chance in anyway... So, it's all or none till next year. I would bet my life on Apple releasing a 1.25 and 1.5 G5 powerbook in the next 30 days over releasing a G4 within the next 30 days then releasing a G5 even if it's ready 90 days after, won't happen.

Aside from the cooling issues of a G5 PB, most observers and Mac-related sites are all pretty consistent about a slight increase to come for the PB line, but staying at G4.
It wouldn't make too much sense to offer updated G4 PBs with G5 PBs around the corner.
Secondly, the G5 still has some life before going to a laptop. If they get a bump, even to the magical 3 ghz level, then Apple would still likely want a few months with these at the king of the hill. Sales.
Say you're waiting on a G5 PB? Well, you can either opt for the increased G4 for now, or move to a 3 ghz G5.
Then early next year, introduce the G5 PowerBook, hoping to hook in those who are still holding out, those who upgraded by want a G5 PB and those who have a G5 already and want it in a PowerBook form.

Glad I was right on the money with the 1.2 and 1.5 predictions as well as not seeing a G5 full portable till late 2005 early 2006. Anyone know of a good FPS mafia game for the mac?

Back