NEW POWERBOOKS on Tuesday!

uoba

Re: member
According to MacUser Uk

www.macuser.co.uk

Here's the article anyway:

<b>Tuesday debut for revamped portables </b>

MacUser sources have confirmed that Apple will release revamped iBooks and PowerBooks on Tuesday.

The sources suggest that the new iBooks will have 600MHz G3 processors replacing the current 500MHz chips. Beyond that no details have emerged, though it is possible that the CD-ROM option, which sources suggest has not sold particularly well, may be discontinued.

The new PowerBooks will reportedly have 667MHz G4 processors with CD-RW drives replacing the current DVD-ROMs, though it is possible that there may be an option to have DVD-ROM. Apple could extend the range of models available by offering a PowerBook with a combo DVD-ROM/CD-RW drive as available in the iBook range. However the iBook option is tray-loading, whereas a slot-loading mechanism would be required for the PowerBook, but it is not known whether this is currently available.
:D

I think that they should give iBooks G4 processors :rolleyes:
It's about time lol :p ... when are G5 processors coming out anyway?
Last I heard was sometime in january.

Wahtever we hear changes, so we should just wait for Apple to release. G5's where meant to be January, but with all the rumours of bad supply and world events blah blah blah who knows!:rolleyes:

But, I know as much as everyone else here!

Originally posted by uoba
MacUser sources have confirmed that Apple will release revamped iBooks and
PowerBooks on Tuesday.
[/B]
Of course they have.... :rolleyes:

I just got my iBook/256/20G/Combo on this past Tuesday. If it's just a speed bump, I won't be too irritated, but if they start putting G4's in the iBook, Apple and I are gonna have words..

Geez... I thought I had 'till January.... or at least longer than a freaking week!

According to Mac OS Rumours The whole 'faster processors for TiBooks' is actually not possible - They reckon that Motorola haven't been able to squeeze more than 550MHz out of teh low-profile chips needed for laptops....

Mac OS Rumors have been known to be wrong on the odd occassion -- particularly concerning the last big Apple Expo! (Every top machine was going to be unveiled then!!!!);)

MacUser isn't really one for posting such speculation, and haven't over-exagerated any of the claims.

We shall see.

Originally posted by tismey
According to Mac OS Rumours The whole 'faster processors for TiBooks' is actually not possible - They reckon that Motorola haven't been able to squeeze more than 550MHz out of teh low-profile chips needed for laptops....

And we all know how reliable MacOS Rumors is... :p

Back