new powerbooks tuesday, i can feel it.

It's too late now for any updates, if I remember correctly Apple usually update there site with new stuff around noon, but it's now 1.04 p.m. and still nothing.
Guess we have to wait until Apple expo in Paris next month.
He he, it seems like there will never be an update to the 15" powerbook. we'll be waiting for it to the end of days.
I've been waiting for a PowerBook update for what seems like ages but I don't think I'd want to buy one if it's not a G5 processor in it. I don't want to get an G4 powerbook to see Apple launch a G5 PB in January. Maybe I'll just get an powermac G5, but I want a portable. what to do?¿¿?

I've been putting off buying my ibook for ages now because im waiting for G4 ibooks im right in saying that they still run on g3's rite?

**Heres to waiting** // DUM DUM DUM \\**drinks beer **

lol :D

Well, I wonder when the iBook is going to move up to a G4 and the PowerBook to a G5. Time will tell.

Viktor

No new powerbooks out here today.

Check your Apple store tomorrow. G5 demos will be out there tomorrow, and they will be also purchasable friday. :)

Originally posted by Lycander
It's more like IBM slapping on an Altivec unit to the G3 core as rumored.

Well, then you basically have a G4. I don't see why IBM would use money on that when Motorola already have the technology, much much cheaper.

Originally posted by Giaguara
No new powerbooks out here today.

Check your Apple store tomorrow. G5 demos will be out there tomorrow, and they will be also purchasable friday. :)

I'm going to an FCP seminar next week, and hoping they've got G5s to try FCP4 and Shake 3 on there :cool:

im movin to sweden in 3-4 days. i hope they have G5s available at apple stores.
i wanna take a close look at that beast :)

Well, I'm in 'tomorrow'-mode now. I guess the PBs will be out by tomorrow. ;-)

ive been waitin all summer for new powerbooks.
and with all the new rumours these past few days... it makes me more excited.
but everyday i check the apple site and theres no powerbook update, i get really disappointed.

i hate those rumour sites :p

What I said of G5s is no rumor. Those will be out there tomorrow (I hope in the morning), and purchaseable in the Apple Stores in Friday. Not Powerbooks though.

if new dual g5 powerbooks dont come out tomorrow with up to 4 gb of ram and are 0.8" thick and are actually roll up flexible screens with everlasting kinetic batteries - i'll be disappointed..

If they aren't handing out wads of $100 bills and a free Volkswagen with every purchase of an iPod, I'll be disappointed as well.

...I'm disappointed a lot =)

I think it's only a matter of time before Apple makes G5 PB's and G4 iB's. I buy an G4 PB, because I don't want an early processor)generation. My PB will be an iBook when the iBooks get G4. ;)

Back