New PowerBooks: two questions.

lelereb

Registered
Someone has a link to a large image of the new Powerbooks keyboard?

In superdrive specs there is no mention to the ability to burn DVD-RW. Someone knows if PB superdrive can burn DVD-RW?

Thanks in advance.

If it's basically the same superdrive that is in the powermac, then yes it can. It is not advertised though. iDVD won't work with RW disks.

PB17Keyboard.jpg

Originally posted by bolindilly
jeb1138, how'd you get that picture?

:D :D You'll have to pm Snowball. I think he'd get mad if I told! ;) Or maybe someone will break the *code of silence* and post it again. :D But for Snowball's sake I'll refrain. :)

Thanks for not posting that link jeb1138! :)
Guys, it's not like it's top secret or anything, but I just don't think that we (average mac users) are really supposed to have access to these press photos, and if links to these 8MB+ pictures are posted for everybody to access, the ensuing bandwidth loss may get the Apple site admins to reconsider the currently "free" system. So, basically it's better to keep the linking to a minimum...that way if people really want these images they'll PM me (or anyone who knows) and get them, and those that are idly passing by time online don't casually click the link and suck up bandwidth, not really needing the pictures and stopping the system from continuing.

...In other words, if you want access, PM me please (or jeb1138)!

http://www.apple.com/pr

Usage Agreement:

Subject to the terms of this Agreement, you may use the Image solely in whole for editorial use by press and/or industry analysts. This right to use is personal to you and is not transferable by you to another party. The Image cannot be used to promote or sell any product or technology (such as on advertising, brochures, book-covers, stock photos, t-shirts, or other promotional merchandise). You may not alter, or modify the Image, in whole or in part, for any reason.

As between you and Apple, Apple is and shall remain the sole and exclusive owner of the Image. You will not delete, alter, or obfuscate any proprietary legends relating to the Image, and each use will be accompanied by the applicable proprietary attribution shown next to the Image.
The Image is provided by Apple on an ?as is? basis, without warranty of any kind, including non-infringement or ownership. You, not Apple, are responsible for your use of the Image. Any misuse of the Image or breach of this Agreement will cause Apple irreparable harm. Apple is either an owner or licensee of the image, not an agent for the owner. We understand that you will give our company a credit line as follows: ?Courtesy of Apple ? and also credit the photographer if noted.

LOL! There's goes ksv again trying to live up to his "anarchist" title!! :D

You do realize, ksv, that what Snowball is concerned with is not in playing by the rules, but is in keeping the site alive, don't you?

But as an anarchist I suppose you don't believe in "privileged" groups or secretive societies, no matter how easy they are to join, do you? :D

Originally posted by jeb1138
LOL! There's goes ksv again trying to live up to his "anarchist" title!! :D

You do realize, ksv, that what Snowball is concerned with is not in playing by the rules, but is in keeping the site alive, don't you?

But as an anarchist I suppose you don't believe in "privileged" groups or secretive societies, no matter how easy they are to join, do you? :D

Watch your mouth, or I'll start deleting your posts :D

Well, if I was worried Apple would take the page down, I wouldn't post the link. But I know they won't, no matter how much the pictures are "abused" by Mac users. Because they don't lose anything, they actually just get good PR :)

Does anyone have any idea or thoughts about when Apple will update the 15" Powerbook, (hinge screen, backlit keys, better video card, etc)?

Back