new powerbooks, which one?

yachay

Registered
I was debating between the 12" superdrive and the 15" but the price difference is much for me right now. Should I just wait and save until I have enough for the 15" or should I just go ahead and get the 12" as there might not be that much difference?

If you are not feeling handicapped with the 12'' screen, the smaller alubook is the better choice when the price matters. It's very small and robust. If you have a screen at home, you can plug it there and don't have to bother with the small lcd. One thing I should mention: the 12'' book gets warmer than the bigger ones.

The rev. B 12" alubooks don't get warm often. Unless I'm running for some really heavy apps for lets say, 10 hours .. I wouldn't say my 'book is hot.

Giaguara said:
The rev. B 12" alubooks don't get warm often. Unless I'm running for some really heavy apps for lets say, 10 hours .. I wouldn't say my 'book is hot.

whereas i fry eggs on mine...

Ora, yours is a Rev. A.

Have you downloaded the most recent OS X.3 updates? There is a firmware fix that changes fan setting, lowering the temperature.

My brother has the Rev. A alubook. And since that update, his fan is almost permanently working. I don't know if this was a good thing. The less heat costed more noise...

Back