New Safari!

Wierd! When I d/l and expand the thing, it still says 1.0 Beta (v60) in the About Safari!

I searched for all the safari stuff on my system, and trashed them. Still comes up as the older ver....

Maybe I needed to reboot after trashing those files?

OMG this new version flies... and it even recommends what kind of plug-in you need that may work with the browser... Example MSNBC.COM... When I want to watch video it says... Would you like WMP to open to see if it works? I am like yes... and wala it works.

Originally posted by Sirtovin
OMG this new version flies... and it even recommends what kind of plug-in you need that may work with the browser... Example MSNBC.COM... When I want to watch video it says... Would you like WMP to open to see if it works? I am like yes... and wala it works.

The previous one also asked about opening WMP for something. It was the only browser that would, actually. Everything else, including IE, just said it had no pluging and directed me to the MS site, where of course there is no plugin.

Originally posted by hazmat
The previous one also asked about opening WMP for something. It was the only browser that would, actually. Everything else, including IE, just said it had no pluging and directed me to the MS site, where of course there is no plugin.

Still I find safari good... now since I do like MSNBC.Com as my primary news site etc.

The javascript:self:close() doesnt seem to work in this new version. It worked in the older version and it works in chimera.

You forgot to mention it also works in Netscape, OmniWeb, IE for Windows, Phoenix for Windows and Galeon for linux, arun. ;)

Guys this program is really a infant... I mean .60 beta 1... It's coming along slowly... and I remeber the days of old IE as a Wintel user trying to catch up to Netscape which was at the time when it was superior... I am talking about old version 3 of Netscape vs... Version 2 of IE lol.

I love Safari... It's now my Primary Default.

the new safari seems to quit. i was posting at another board and it quit, for no reason. boo.

other then that, seems fine by me. i've noticed no difference.

Originally posted by Shifting
the new safari seems to quit. i was posting at another board and it quit, for no reason. boo.

other then that, seems fine by me. i've noticed no difference.

Seems Stable to me... Check your Computer... It does not quit on me? Anyone else...

Isn't Chimera still at .60? So I guess, at the very least, we can now make a fair comparison between Chimera and Safari....
...and where one is weak (Safari/tabs, Chimera/ad blocking) the other is strong. I'd say they are about equal. I just hope Safari actually is better when it is final. Also, has anyone yet seen a retail box of OmniWeb? My local Apple Store does not have them, but Omni Group said they would be there. I am not sure whether I will buy, but I am really interested in the package labelling.

Chimera's last milestone was .6... However, the nightly builds are at .7. The only thing holding up a milestone release of .7 is the name (see other thread)....

is the google bug fixed yet? i'm not quite sure which build that's on but on mine, google's index page should align to the left.

Safari Flash playback speed seems on par with IE's, and the DOM is more compliant to my killer JavaScript. Thats good news.

Originally posted by sheepguy42
Isn't Chimera still at .60? So I guess, at the very least, we can now make a fair comparison between Chimera and Safari....
...and where one is weak (Safari/tabs, Chimera/ad blocking) the other is strong. I'd say they are about equal. I just hope Safari actually is better when it is final. Also, has anyone yet seen a retail box of OmniWeb? My local Apple Store does not have them, but Omni Group said they would be there. I am not sure whether I will buy, but I am really interested in the package labelling.

Compusa has it here in Florida in the Mac section.

Originally posted by sheepguy42
Also, has anyone yet seen a retail box of OmniWeb?

The local compusa store has a box of omniweb. I was surprised when i saw it. I can't imagine they would sell too many of those.

Originally posted by dixonbm
The local compusa store has a box of omniweb. I was surprised when i saw it. I can't imagine they would sell too many of those.

LMAO didn't I just say this? lol.:D

Originally posted by Sirtovin
LMAO didn't I just say this? lol.:D
Yes, for Florida. And dixonbm said it for Nashville, TN.
And on Wednesday, Feb. 12, 2003, at and before 2:09 EST, the King of Prussia Apple Store didn't have it.

Back