New Software Updates ????

teamteama

Registered
I happened to check software update last night while I was working. Two small patches popped up. With out thinking much of it, I decided to install them.

When I went to work this AM I went to update my work machine, but nothing popped up in Software update. This led me to do a little checking. I could not find mention of these updates on this forum or on apples website.

I was wondering if someone could confirm that the updates I installed last night were legitimate. Below is what shows in the update logs. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Tuesday, October 15, 2002 21:41:32 America/New_York: Installed "StuffIt Expander Security Update" (7.0)

Tuesday, October 15, 2002 21:01:17 America/New_York: Installed "Italian Language Update" (1.0)

i mindlessly updated them as well, infact i didnt know what they were until i went back and checked :eek:

That's wierd. I was set up to check daily and it hadn't found it yet. Now after doing it manualy it found the stuffit update. I guess it didn't do the italian language update since I don't have it installed :)

I installed the Italian Language update a few days ago, and saw the StuffIt update today since I've never updated it manually (too damned lazy for something I feel should be in SoftwareUpdate in the first place!). :)

Originally posted by Tormente
I installed the Italian Language update a few days ago, and saw the StuffIt update today since I've never updated it manually (too damned lazy for something I feel should be in SoftwareUpdate in the first place!). :)

Sure, I don't speak or read or write Italian...but it's on my system, so installed the italian update. *l* Apple just announced that they've put the stuffit 7 on the system update. And since I already d/l'ed it, it didn't show up.

Back