New Switcher, Mail.app problems (Hotmail/Yahoo! in apple's Mail)

switcherG

Registered
Hello everybody,

I am a recent switcher and extremely thankful for it! The new developments since (Intel, Boot Camp etc.) have me very excited.
My problem is that I have a Hotmail and a Yahoo! mail account (used at work). Unfortunately, I am unable to read my e-mail using Apple's included mail.app. I have even tried Thunderbird, still no good. Then I tried the following plugins/utilities -
1. httpMail - didn't work, asked me to upgrade to Hotmail Plus (Is a cheaper solution available?):rolleyes:
2. MacfreePOPs - did not work, inspite of different tries/methods!:confused:
3. Mailforward X - didn't work, says it is not allowed to transfer those e-mails from Hotmail/Yahoo! to another free webmail (I can access that from Mail, its my business's e-mail. :D )

I have tried to look for suggestions/solutions for my problem in the forums, but did not find a good one yet:confused::eek: . Any/all help is deeply appreciated:) !
Thanks
switcherG

1. HTTPMail works if you use the "Open with Rosetta" function on the plugin.
2. Some ISPs block the port used for SMTP to outside send mail servers. I use the .Mac send mail server by switching to port 587 for the SMTP server.

Dear Satcomer,

Thanks very much:) . I recently bought a G4 (from a friend) so I think Rosetta (used only in Intel based Macs, as my friend tells me) might not be my problem. But still, I will try those again and let you know.

SwitcherG

Back