New System Bugs

bobw

The Late: SuperMacMod
Main Site

Lost ability to have Small Width view.
No 'New Questions' link at top of forums.
Lost Volunteer Forum. It's a link on the Volunteer side, but would be nice to still have it showing on the main forum page.
=======================================

Volunteer Side

Auto Refresh not working in Safari or Firefox for 1 minute.
No Small Width View
Be nice to have an additional column with the name of the person asking a question.

Search link is missing.

smilies & avatars missing.

In advanced posting: boxes spill over to the right - not able to see the right margin.

Lost ability to have Small Width view. [Not Complete, Coming Soon]
No 'New Questions' link at top of forums. [Search is Disabled, Crashes Site]
Lost Volunteer Forum. It's a link on the Volunteer side, but would be nice to still have it showing on the main forum page. [Done on Purpose, Could Change]
Auto Refresh not working in Safari or Firefox for 1 minute. [Broke]
No Small Width View [See Above]
Be nice to have an additional column with the name of the person asking a question. [On Main Listing Page?]

Search link is missing. [Search is disabled for now]

smilies & avatars missing. [Fixed]

In advanced posting: boxes spill over to the right - not able to see the right margin.[Related to Smilies, Fixed]

Lost Volunteer Forum. It's a link on the Volunteer side, but would be nice to still have it showing on the main forum page. [Done on Purpose, Could Change]

Please change. Nice to be able to see that forum from the main page also.

Be nice to have an additional column with the name of the person asking a question. [On Main Listing Page?]

On the Volunteer side, where the new questions are listed. Having the name of the person asking the question would be nice. If there's someone we don't want to deal with, we wouldn't have to open questins they ask.

Be nice to have the old site back until all the features are enabled on this site. :)

Ok. As for the "old site" it's history after the upgrade. The only thing not working on the list above is Small Width view and Search/New Posts. The search/new posts feature appears to be an issue following the upgrade that I didn't have with my development site using the same exact database. Once I get this figured out, that will be back. Because all the templates are new in VB3.5, I have to go back in and built new ones w/ different widths for small screen (low res) folks.

Also, after answering a question on the Volunteer support, hitting subit, I then get a blank page.

Okay! Well, the painful process of rebuilding indexes must take place cause I had to "start from scratch" on the whole lockup issue. Anyhow, new posts link is back and searching will not be very helpful until indexing is complete and that could take a couple of days to complete. FUN FUN.

Just hit the Submit button answering a question (Volunteer side) and got this page;

[error msgs edited out]

============================================

Answer didn't go through
[/B]

Also, the "members list" could be changed to some other link since that's not abled ... maybe new posts search when that will not crash?

I miss the smaller width when browsing on the laptop .. but looks nice here :)

Bob - Ive had to restart the DB numerous times. You may have got the unlucky submit when it was down. If it keeps up, let me know.

I got a blank screen when I clicked on Respond and another tech already had the ticket. Can we have the page that states someone beat me to it?

Cheryl said:
I got a blank screen when I clicked on Respond and another tech already had the ticket. Can we have the page that states someone beat me to it?

Fixed.

Back