New Tiger Site - Inkwell?

kainjow

Registered
I'm a little curious here. With the new Tiger website, Apple has added the list of big features in the OS like the previous did for the Panther site. However, they kept the Inkwell item there, as if it's as important to everyone as Spotlight, Dashboard, Expose, etc. So does this possibly mean that Apple is trying to push Inkwell and give it more publicity? Does this mean they have a tablet-like Mac or a sub-notebook in the works with a touch screen?

I know this has been discussed numerous times before, but I'm surprised that they kept Inkwell in the list of features in the new website.. Inkwell is usefull to what... 0.5% of all Mac users?? :p

See http://www.apple.com/macosx/overview/aquauserinterface.html

It has come in handy with me several times. I hardly use a mouse anymore. I find I am more productive with a pen. With inkwell turned on, I can use some commands both with the OS and quicksilver (great app!). I love the fact that they put it there.

As for the tablet Mac, wow, now that would be great... mmmm... G5 tablet mac with airport extreme, bluetooth, and 10.4! Excuse me while I get my drool bucket! :D

Mp.

Seems like they need it for the list of 150 or 200 new features. ;) ... Either way: Unless they really come out with a tablet (or at least a display that is a tablet as well), it's not for me.

Back