New to Mac and need some help

Sorry to interrupt again but I still have some basic problems. Stuffit expander 5.5 is installed. I have downloaded nixus writer for old mac in 5 parts. I have 5 parts of bin files which are perfect for floppy (less than 1.44 mb) but I also have 5 parts of hqx files which are too big for floppy (range from 1.1 to 1.8mb). I was informed by the website I need to use stuffit to merge them.
How should I proceed? Next is the problem of dialog box. When double clicked compactpro earlier I can see a dialog box for operation but then I do not what happened or I have pressed, there is no dialog box anymore. The program is running but I can only use the menu but no dialog box. Similarly, when double clicked stuffit, in windows, a dialog box came up and I can select a few files for merging but in mac, there is only a menu and an icon at then top right hand corner. Any ideas? Finally, this is bugging me for sometime. When put in floppy and an floppy icon came out at the desktop. Sometimes I drag a file in the floppy to the wastebasket and eject it out. I forgot or did not drag the icon to the wastebasket and the next thing I know, the powerbook ask for the floppy and will not respond to anything.
Unless I put the exact floppy back in, the powerbook will not respond.
I had to poweroff (pull the power plug to switch it off) to make it run again.
Are the anything similar to ctrl-alt-del in windows for mac? How do I terminate a non-responding program?

Thank you.

Back