New to Mac OS X!

mlaguitan

Registered
Hello,

I have just been given the task to be the support guy for our Mac users. They have a G4 running Mac OS X server. How do I determine that it is the server version they are running? Or is it a regular Mac workstation doing file sharing? On the G4 they gave me to use. . . If I go into System Profiler. Under Software; it says I am running Mac OS X 10.3.2. I'm not sure if on the Mac server it would have different information. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Mike

To find out if you're on Mac OS server or not click the Apple logo in the top left of the screen and click logout. If you're on 'server' the logo should be the Mac OS X Server logo, if you're not on server, it'll be a standard Mac OS X logo.

You don't have to logout.

Click on the Apple icon and select About this Mac.

You'll see the big, silver apple and then it'll either say Mac OS X or Mac OS X Server followed by the version number. :)

Thanks for the help. That worked. I just found that it is OS 9. I need to see if funding is available for upgrading. Thanks again!

What type of environment do you work in? If its an educational institution, you'd qualify for a nice price reduction on the Mac OS X Server software from Apple. :)

Back